Tuesday, January 13, 2015

First Semester of 2015

Hello  people. Or just Calvin J. (I know you're reading this.) So my new semester just started yesterday. And it's terrifying. Every lecturer who comes in tells everyone that the subjects is difficult and probability of failing it is high. What do I expect? I'm in year 3! My final year! So of course things are going to be difficult. I just hope everything goes smoothly.

So why happy about new semester? I get my time back. Naps, gym, outings. Those are the things I missed when I'm working. (interning) I get to see my friends again. I get to laze around. I get to play around. And why sad? I miss the environment. I miss the people. I miss the money. It might not be huge, but I actually worked for it. So yeah, it means something. And I miss the practicality of working. Everything I've learned, I used it. Unlike studying, I don't even know if I'll be using any of them in the future. Who gives a damn about how to differentiate a formula?

And crappy UTAR system. Seriously it's too bad. I need to register for Insurance Practice. But I can't because the slot is full already. Fine. I emailed my HoD and handed in the add drop form. No news after that. None at all. And then one day the Hod posted on FB saying he processed all the forms and rejected none for the IP. Yay! Buuuttttt... one by one of my friends got it. Soon everyone got it. Except me. I panicked. I mean it's my final year already. If I don't take this I need to extend two more semesters. Wth? So I emailed my HoD again. No reply. I must have sent 3 times at least. Still no reply. So yesterday, the first day of the semester, despite class starting at 2, I went to uni at 9 to queue. Why queue? Because students can't register subjects. And why is that? 2nd year taking 3rd year subjects. Subjects' time slots clashing with each other. Crappy UTAR server crashed. Like wth man. Pay so much money every year and this is the shit I got. Anyway, went there to queue. After an hour or so, my friend told me pointless to queue. UTAR changed its policy. They won't help us to add subjects anymore. We need to fill in the add drop form, or register ourselves through unitreg. Unitreg. Freaking unitreg. You see, to register ourselves through unitreg, we need to first see our academic advisor, so he or she can update the portal. But I was having internship last semester, so I can't see my AA lor. I emailed her just in case. And she didn't update the portal. I emailed her again. No reply. UTAR lecturers so busy meh? Class belum start pun. I was damn frustrated. No reply from HoD. No reply from AA. I can't get signature from lecturer because he's a part timer. Thankfully one day my HoD posted an update on it. Apparently some 20 students (I'm one of them. =( ) didn't get IP because the slots are too full. So he will try to squeeze all of us in. Not too good of a news, because I haven't gotten it yet, but at least there's an answer. Yeah. First day of January 2015 semester.

Right, So anyway I made a new friend yesterday. Candy brought her friend from Miri (her hometown) along with us when we go shopping in Metrojaya Sg Wang. There's a stock clearance sales because Metrojaya is closing down. They're moving somewhere I think. So the guy's name is Leonard. Quite handsome, quite tall, quite muscular, quite ok. A good candidate I would say. If he's a banana it would be perfect. Lol. We chatted a bit. I was shy. He appears to be more comfortable with others. Maybe because the medium of language is Mandarin and I can't really speak that well. Or maybe because he doesn't like me. Or maybe it's just things are with me. I can't talk much with a new friend. I need to see them a few times first before I start talking. So there's this one time he and I were left alone and it got awkward. He doesn't seem to wanna talk either so we just sat there not talking. I admit I'm not good at breaking the ice. Not good at all. Luckily it wasn't long. Just few minutes. But I can sense something is wrong. We're not compatible. Lol. Maybe we're just not that close yet. It was all good. Normal hanging out with friends. I'm not particularly attracted to him, but he makes a good candidate nevertheless. But guys like him don't mingle with guys like me. I don't even know what type of guy am I, but I can safely say not everyone is compatible with me. I might appear too noisy, too girlish, etc etc etc. *sigh* Oh I'm going there again later tonight. Metrojaya I mean. Should I stop by Day Thermos in the meantime while waiting for Desmond and Siew Yun (my ex-colleague)? Hmmmm....



Signing off.

1 comment:

  1. Finally!!! Hahaha... see? I got to know something about your studies and how shitty is UTAR's system. Gosh! I read also I feel angry, what more you're the one stuck in that shitty system. Urgh!!! Anyway, you should try to break the ice whenever you're with a new friend or else you might lose a golden opportunity of knowing someone nice.

    ReplyDelete