Monday, October 19, 2015

Bangkok: Day 1

Hello whoever's reading this! It's been months since my last update. Well I was distracted with my (hopefully) last semester. I'll talk about it in some other post next time. Well, after my final examinations for the semester which ended on the 2nd of October, I went to Bangkok with my housemates on the 4th till the 9th. Calvin J suggested that I note it all down in the blog for his reading. Lol. Anyway, here goes.

My flight to Bangkok was scheduled at 10.50. So I had to wake up at 7 to get ready. So early my gosh. I slept only for about 4 hours I think. *yawn* Anyway, I got up and readied, and drove to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan. Why didn't I took the public transport to TBS? Well, Sg Long is a place where you can only depend on public bus, which comes around once every half an hour if you're lucky, and the trip from Sg Long to TBS will take more than an hour. We checked and decided to drive there instead. The entry fee to the parking costs RM4 per day, so I had to pay RM24 for the whole time I parked my car there. So many people share ok lar. Plus we need to reach TBS early so we can take the bus to KLIA2. Taking KLIA transit will cost more money but can reach earlier. Since we want to be cost effective, we sacrifice our sleep for a RM10 bus trip instead of a RM30+ train trip. 

Anyway, we reached KLIA2 quite early. We stopped at McD for breakfast and to wait for KF and YV. Omg the breakfast set is so expensive! A burger, a hashbrown and a cup of Milo costs RM11+. Wth. Since when breakfast sets are so expensive. Or it's the airport price? But still.. After we had breakfast, we proceeded to wait at the waiting lounge. Wefie time! 

The boarding pass

Wefie 1.0
Wefie 2.0
Nothing much to talk about here. We just waited and chit chatted until the departure time.And I slept throughout the flight there. Hahaha.. I need to catch up on my sleep. Lol. Anyway I did snap a photo before I slept. 

So hazy. :(
We reached Bangkok around 1.00 Malaysian time, which is around 12.00 Bangkok time. We queued for metered taxi at the airport, which is quite convenient as you don't need to go out and find for a metered taxi yourself or risk getting "butchered" by dishonest drivers, who will overcharge you. All you need to do is just apply for a taxi and pay a small sum as additional fee for the airport at the end of your journey. We got 2 separate taxis as they are cheaper compared to one 7-seat taxi. Well anyway, I don't know if I'm lucky or unlucky. The taxi driver I was assigned to doesn't know how to speak English. OMG. He only knows how to speak one English word: OK. Seriously. He said "OK!" and pointed at a taxi when we just started our journey. I was like, "Ok what?" and tried to look who's in the taxi. Thinking back now, I think he's trying to say the others are in that taxi. We continued our journey without much conversation. How to have one? He can't speak English and I can't speak Thai. Habis lar. Lol. Moving on. I tried to recognize some buildings or some relative points so I can roughly get an idea where our hotel is and how to get to the nearest train station. The taxi driver turned in to one of the smaller roads and stopped. He talked to the locals there in Thai. We didn't know what happened, but I heard the hotel's name. OMG. He doesn't know where the hotel is?!!!! Here I am, in a foreign land, with the inability to speak their language, and I don't even know if the taxi driver is a good guy or bad guy. Panic. Lol. After asking some locals, he stopped at one of the streets. He pointed towards the end of the street and said "Ok! Ok!". I assumed he's trying to say that the hotel is somewhere along the street. So I took out my wallet and paid. But as I just exchanged my money, I don't have any small change. So I gave him TB500 and the fare was around TB300. He was like, "Ok. Ok? Okayyyyyy." and pointed at my wallet. I looked at the fare, and at the TB500 note, and knew he was looking for small change. Lol. My friend only had TB50 with him, the smallest change we had at that moment. The taxi driver sighed, "Okayyyyyy." and gave us the change. We took our bags and walked towards the hotel. After discussing, we realized the uncle charged us less! He took my friend's TB50 and gave me TB300, which means he charged us TB250 only, but the fare is TB300. So yeah. Lucky? Or unlucky?

Anyway, not long after I arrived at the hotel, the others arrived to. I proceeded to check in. Here's the thing, the credit card I used to make the booking was not working. The staff tried to swap the card using all their machines but still unsuccessful. I asked if I can use another card and gave them another credit card. Still unsuccessful. Panic. Again. If I can't make the payment where are we going to sleep? Under the bridge? (There is a bridge near the hotel. Really.) OMGGGGGG. And I can't make a call back to Malaysia because my number doesn't have international roaming service, Really panic. I had to use the hotel's wifi to call my brother via Whatsapp call. Called him, no answer. Called his girlfriend, no answer. Called another brother, no answer. WTTFFFFF?!!!!! Why you no answer me?!!!!! Really panicking that time. I told everyone to gather enough cash first. Finally my brother answered. I was like, "What did you do!! Why is the card not working?!!!! WHY?!!!!". He told me to let the staff try again. I was like, "Please try as many times as possible!" Lol. Thankfully the card worked! The staff was smiling and said, "Finally!" *phew* Hotel? Checked.

After we settled in our own rooms, we discussed where to go. First stop: Chatuchak Weekend Market! We spent only roughly one hour there because by the time we reached that place, it was almost 6.00. The place is really worth going. It's one of the must-go tourist attraction. I didn't snap much here because the place is just full of shops, and I was busy shopping. Hahaha..

1. Lotion for my mum, 2 aunts, and my brother's girlfriends.

I bought different scents. Lavender, Rose, Jasmine, and another flower which I forgot. Lol.

2. Dream catchers for the gang in Seremban.

Sweet dreams coming! 
If we spent more time there, I'm sure I'll have more photos to post. Lol. After going to Chatuchak market, we went to Union Mall. Nothing special about the mall. It's like the Bangkok version of a high class Sg Wang. Not really cheap clothes. Lala designs. But I discovered one corner of the shopping mall which offers more branded shops. And a roadshow for an expensive brand. And props for photos. Let the photos speak for themselves. 

Yup. TB400 for a shoe. OMG indeed.

Roar?

Exactly. Though they missed out a word. Lol.


Of course I am. Hahahaha..

My roomie. Heeee..

We're good.

I'm such a romantic. xD

I'm a best seller but still single. Why?!!!!
We spent time there until almost 9.00 and left when they started closing their shops. So early! Maybe it's the culture there. We took the train back to our hotel. On the way back, we stopped at Victory's Monument. All of us were kinda tired from the flight and all the walking. So just a few photos there.

Macam yes.

Memang yes.. Lol.

I don't like taking a photo with you,

I like it now. Haha.. 

Wefie 3.0
After that, to the hotel! Bathed, but no bathtub. *sob* And I realized I used TB2000 out of the TB6500 I brought there. OMG. Must use less dy. *sigh*

That's all for the first day of my trip to Bangkok. Stay tuned for Day 2. 



Signing off.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God! I had a good time reading and laughing at your post. See? I didn't know about the taxi adventure you had, the faulty credit card at the hotel and the types of clothing in that Union Mall if you didn't write it down. See? That's why I ask you to blog about it. Faster thank me! Thank me! Hahaha... can't wait for the next post on your Day 2.

    On another note, yes, McD is more expensive in airport and gosh! You parked 6 days in that TBS station? Is it safe? You guys should take a cab to TBS and then from there take the LRT to KL Sentral, and take the airport bus. It's cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should thank me for writing it down lor.. xD

      TBS is operates 24 hours I think. Should be safe. I mean I can't be the only one who leaves the car there for a few days. Actually TBS is just 2-3 stops away from KLIA2, if we're using the KLIA transit. So doesn't really make sense if we go all the way to KL Central and make a U-turn back to KLIA2.

      And cab is a bigger problem in Sg Long compared to the bus. You'll hardly see any taxis in Sg Long throughout the day. Ada pun are those taxis who fetch customers from outside into Sg Long. There aren't any taxis which wait in Sg Long to fetch customers out of Sg Long.Not that I've seen any in my few months in Sg Long.

      Delete
    2. Thank... you? Eh, who's the one who gave you the idea to write it in your blog? Eleh, sekarang nak ambik recognition pulak! LOL

      Delete