Saturday, October 31, 2015

Bangkok : Day 4

So now we're on Day 4 for my Bangkok trip. Now this day 4 is the day everyone bled the most. In bleeding I meant spending money of course. Because day 4 is SHOPPING DAY!

This day is like a free day for everyone. No wake up calls, no definite plans, just plain flexible shopping day. But having saying this, shopping day also meant not-many-photos day. Shopping comes before photos. Lol. Actually, we just went to shopping malls and stuff. So normal, no need snap photos lar. Hahaha. Let's begin.

Morning activity is flexible. There are some who wants to walk around the Pratunam area. Some WALKED the Pratunam area. So we decided to have the morning free. Wanna shop, shop. Wanna sleep, sleep. I opted for the sleep, because I walked around the area already. And I have been sleep deprived for a few days. So ZZZ away! But I did wake up and shopped around the Pratunam area. Unfortunately, most shops in the Pratunam area sells ladies fashion, only a handful of shops sell men's fashion. *sigh* But that didn't stop me from buying!

1 for casual wear 2 for home wear

Hoodie!

2 shirts which doesn't really have the Eugene feel. I can't imagine how I would look when I wear these. Lol.
I realized most shops don't allow trying. Especially the night markets and the non-shopping mall shops. Then how to know if the sizes fit? Estimate lor. If back home can't fit, bye bye lor. Weird. Anyway, that's the products from morning shopping. Lol.

Then, we gathered, had lunch, and walked to Platinum Mall. Nothing much to write about here, because it's a shopping mall, and the shops are almost the same back in Malaysia. But we just roamed around the place, just to roam around. Lol.

Next, we went to Central World. Why? DESSERT. Yup, you read that right. There's a dessert cafe very popular in Bangkok. It's called After You Dessert Cafe. We came all the way to Central World just for this place. Central World is like that Pavilion of Bangkok in my opinion. Nice settings. Expensive shops. Even the eye candies are better there. Hahaha.. But that's not the point. The point lies with After You. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. Plus, I'll rank them. Hahahah..

Strawberry Pancake

This dessert, in my opinion, tastes normal. I mean it's very common. I'm sure we can find the same in Malaysia. But the pancake is really soft. The taste.... mehhh.. This ranked the lowest.

Two-tone Kakigori

This is similar to our bingsu. Well, the whiter part is vanilla, and the darker part is coffee-ish. They provided, if I remember correctly, chocolate syrup for additional taste. As mentioned early, it's like bingsu. So pretty much it's like flavored ice. I couldn't really remember about this because for me, it's not that good. But still better than the pancake. So yeah, 4th it is.

Shibuya Honey Toast

 We ordered this because it's a must-try dessert according to some blogs. I think they exaggerated this dessert. I'm not saying it's not good. I'm just saying it's not OMGWTF good. As the name suggests, they provide honey instead of butter. And the toast is quite well made. It's still warm when they served it. And still crunchy. Unlike certain shops in Malaysia, the toast is cold and soft. Thus, it ranks 3rd.

Banana Crumble
The banana version of apple crumble. The name might sound common, but this tastes quite good. Seriously. It's not really special when it comes to the taste, but when warm crumble comes together with cold ice cream, fireworks! Lol. And it's not too sweet. The proportion is just right. Yum~

Cheddar Cheese Toast
And the winner is Cheddar Cheese Toast! I don't even know how to tell how awesome this dessert is! It's very cheesy, of course, so those who are not a fan of cheese, please stay away from this dessert. Hahaha.. The cheese is not like those cheap cheese. The cheese here is really cheesy. This is the OMGWTF dessert for me. Added with vanilla ice cream. OMGWTF indeed! The saltiness, the sweetness, the texture, all so right! My friends are not a fan of this, so yeah, more for me! Heeeee~

Well after the really good dessert, we went to Big C. They wanted to buy junk food. I'm not really a fan of junk food, so I didn't buy anything there. After Big C, we went back to the hotel for dinner and to rest. The highlight of the day is really Cheddar Cheese Toast. *drools* I want it~ But it's only in Bangkok. *Sobs*



Signing off.

2 comments:

  1. The hoodie looks cool. What? Customers are not allowed to try the clothes? Yerrr... I don't like that. I won't buy if like that. So can all the clothes you bought fit? Did you try them all after you bought? Gosh! All the desserts look so yummy! Is it expensive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. Not allowed.. Estimate lar.. Use own measurement.. Hahaha.. Yeah all my clothes can fit..

      Normal price for a high end shop lor.. Convert back almost RM100 if I remember correctly.

      Delete